Link: Basic web skills every journalist must have
- How to write an SEO-friendly headline.
- How to include a link in a story.
- How to upload a story into a content management system (CMS).
- How to shoot a proper photograph.
- How to send an attachment in/download an attachment from an email.
- How to operate a video camera.
- How to hold a microphone properly.
- How to use an audio recorder.
- How to post a tweet.
- How to search the web effectively
via 10,000 Words
This list was posted in the fall of 2010. Nearly two years later, has this list changed at all? Me thinks a bit, but maybe not as much as we think.
Then there is this from Mashable back in December 2009.
2010 will likely be a time of transition as today’s journalists catch up to learn the multimedia, programming, social media, and business skills they’ll need to tell their stories online. These new skills are especially relevant to startups that are looking to hire multi-skilled and social media-savvy journalists. Below we’ve gathered some skills that are quickly becoming basic requirements for the journalist of tomorrow. These skills are presented in no particular order.